FOR THE CUPCAKES YOU WILL NEED:
• 115g plain flour
• 60g cocoa powder
• 1 & a half TSPN baking powder
• 1 TSPN mild chilli powder
• Half a TSPN ground cayenne pepper
• Quarter TSPN Lucky Taco Chilli Salt
• 115g butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 2 TSPN vanilla extract
• 2 LARGE eggs
• 125ml full fat milk
• Chilli flakes to decorate
FOR THE ICING YOU WILL NEED:
• 115g softened butter
• 185g icing sugar
• 25g cocoa
• 4 TBSPNS full fat milk
• 1 TSPN vanilla extract
• Half a TSPN Lucky Taco Habanero Hot Sauce
• 1 TSPN ground cinnamon
METHOD FOR THE CUPACKES:
• Preheat oven to 180ºc.
• Line a 12 hole cupcake tin with paper cases.
• Sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, chilli powder, cayenne pepper and 1/4 TSPN Lucky Taco Chilli Salt in a bowl.
• Put butter & sugar in separate mixing bowl and whisk until fluffy.
• Add vanilla extract. Whisk. Then add eggs, one at a time. Whisk in-between additions.
• Add flour mixture & milk and whisk until glossy and well mixed.
• Spoon mixture into paper cases.
• Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Stick a cocktail stick or knife blade into the centre of one of the cupcakes. It should come out clean. That means they’re ready.
• Leave to cool in the tin for 10 mins.
• Take out of tin and leave to cool on a wire rack to cool completely. You MUST NOT add icing or buttercream to hot cakes - so make sure they’re completely cooked before tackling next task.
METHOD FOR THE ICING:
• Put the butter in a bowl and whisk until fluffy.
• Add icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk, hot sauce, vanilla extract & cinnamon.
• Whisk until well combined and smooth looking.
• Spoon the icing into a piping bag.
• Cut off the endow the bag and pipe the icing to decorate your cakes. Use a fancy nozzle if you’re that way inclined! (I just cut the end off a plastic disposable one).
• To decorate, add a pinch of chilli flakes and / or some grated chocolate. (I personally like a few love hearts on mine!)
• Enjoy the indulgence! Great with a cuppa tea or a single malt whisky (depending on the time of day).