FOR THE BEEF YOU WILL NEED:
FOR THE DISH YOU WILL NEED:
• First, combine the beef, chilli salt, water, hot sauce, lime juice, dark soy sauce, cornstarch, and oil in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
• Next, combine the hot water, sugar, sesame oil, soy sauces, hot sauce and white pepper in a small bowl.
• This is the sauce that you’ll be adding to the rice. It’s magic!
• Take your cooked rice and fluff it with a fork or with your hands. If you're using cold leftover rice, try to break up the clumps as best you can.
• Heat wok or large frying pan over medium high heat.
• Add 1 TBSPN of oil and the eggs. Scramble them until just cooked.
• Transfer the scramble into same bowl you mixed them in and set aside.
• Once cooled off, chop into bite-size pieces. And try to resist not eating them all before you finish making your fried rice!
• Heat wok or pan until just smoking and add 1 TBSPN of oil.
• Add marinated beef in one layer, and let sear for 20 seconds. Resist the temptation to move. You want a nice golden brown colour on the pieces of meat.
• Stir fry for a few minutes and then transfer back to the marinade bowl and set aside.
• With the wok or pan over medium high heat, add the last TBSPN of oil, and sauté the onions until translucent. Approx 2 mins.
• Then add the garlic & ginger. Stir well and cook for a few minutes.
• Now add the rice. Use a flat bottomed wooden spoon to break up any clumps. You want to get a nice even coating on the rice. (We always rely on our trusty rice cooker to cook rice!)
• Once rice is warmed through, add the sauce mixture and stir everything together. Get those ingredients mingling!
• Next, add the beef and juices (that juice = flavour town) from the bowl you set aside earlier and stir fry for another minute.
• Add the scrambled egg pieces, peas, carrot & broccoli.
• Continue stir-frying for another 30 seconds.
• Push the rice mixture into the middle of the wok or pan to let the perimeter heat up.
• After about 20 seconds, pour 1 TBSPN of Chinese cooking wine around the perimeter. It should sizzle and steam. Stir-fry for another 20 seconds.
• NOW TASTE! See if it needs a little more salt, soy, hot sauce or white pepper and season accordingly.
• Serve up in big bowls. Grab your utensil of choice and tuck in. YUM!