Cooking Time: 45 mins
Serves: Makes 12 cupcakes
• 1 CUP LUCKY HORCHATA (or sub with powdered pre-mix)
• 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons yoghurt (can use plant based)
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• Quarter teaspoon almond essence
• 1 cup flour
• Quarter cup almond meal
• 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
• Half teaspoon baking soda
• Quarter teaspoon salt
• Pre-heat oven to 180ºc.
• Line a muffin tin with cupcake cases.
• Sift flour, almond meal, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda & salt into a large mixing bowl.
• In a separate bowl, whisk the Horchata, apple cider vinegar, yoghurt, sugar, canola oil & essences.
• Pour wet mixture into dried ingredients and whisk until smooth.
• Fill cupcake cases two thirds of the way & bung in the oven for 20 - 22 mins.
• Transfer to a cooling rack & allow to cool completely before frosting.
• To make the frosting, whisk together the softened butter, icing sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence & milk.
• Either spread atop cupcakes with the back of a spoon or use a piping bag & pipe out wee frosting swirls on top.
• Then dust with cinnamon.
• Stick the kettle on! They won't last long...