Cooking Time: 5 mins.
Difficulty: Easy as bro!
Serves: 1. (Just x up by however many folks you wanna feed).
• 1 piece bread (for toasting) / Vogels Toast or nice piece of sourdough would be good
• Decent knob of butter (for the mushroom pan + some to butter toast)
• 1 x large field mushroom (roughly diced)
• 1 heaped TBSPN natural yoghurt
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 x TSPN miso paste
• Cracked black pepper to taste
• Small handful fresh thyme leaves
• Melt butter over medium heat in a frying pan.
• Add roughly diced mushrooms.
• Kinda wanna simultaneously toast, 'soon to be toast'...so it's still nice & hot when you load up the mushrooms.
•K. Back to the mushrooms (but don't burn your toast 😜).
• Add the miso paste, lemon juice, yoghurt & black pepper. Mix well with wooden spoon.
• You just want the mushrooms to soak up all that flavour. So keep stirring until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
• Hey...your toast is ready...butter it up & then load on your mushroom mixture.
• Sprinkle fresh thyme over the top & enjoy that lively, umami goodness!