Cooking Time: 10 mins
Difficulty: Super Easy!
• Small handful of plain peanuts (roughy chopped)
• 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
• 40g salted dark choice (we use Lindt)
• 40g plain dark choc
• 2 egg whites
• 1 tablespoon caster sugar
• 5 cardamom pods (cut them open and grind the insides in a pestle & mortar - OR use a teaspoon of already ground)
• Melt both kinds of dark chocolate in a clear heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water for about 2 mins.
• Once melted completely, remove from element and set aside to cool slightly.
• Meanwhile, whisk egg whites until stiff.
• Then add caster sugar and ground cardamom.
• Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and mix well to combine.
• Add in a pinch of chilli flakes and some of the chopped nuts (you want the remaining to decorate the tops).
• Divide the mixture between 4 shot glasses.
• Decorate the tops with remains ingredients. (You can buy those cute wee edible hearts from any supermarket in the baking aisles).
• Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
• Serve with a single malt whisky of aged reposado!