Cooking Time: 40 mins
Difficulty: Easy potato peasy
• 2 big potatoes (or 4 medium)
• 2 TBSPNS ricotta
• Zest & juice half lemon
• 1 heaped TBSPN tarragon
• 1 heaped TSPN chilli flakes
• Splash of Lucky Taco Habanero hot sauce
• Salt to season the spuds
• Generous pinch white pepper (to mash the spuds)
• Splash of full cream milk (to mash the spuds)
• TBSPN sized knob of butter (to mash the spuds)
• Bit of extra butter to put on top of your mashed potato pots before baking them in the oven (makes the top crispier)
• Peel the spuds.
• Chop into smaller pieces and bring to the boil in saucepan of water.
• Cook on a high rolling boil for about 20 minutes (when they will be soft enough to mash).
• Drain the potatoes in a colander and then put the potatoes back into the empty saucepan.
• Add milk, butter, ricotta, tarragon, chilli flakes, Lucky Taco hot sauce, zest & juice of lemon, salt & white pepper and mash until smooth & creamy.
• TASTE! Adjust seasoning if need be.
• Divide the potato mixture between 2 ramekins.
• Run a fork over the top of the potato, making tracks that will go brown and crispy when in the oven.
• Add a few spots of butter on the top and bung them into a pre-heated oven at 180ºc for approx 20 / 25 mins (or until just starting to turn golden on top).
• Enjoy with spicy roast chicken / ribs or chops.
• Ding ding.