Cooking Time: Half an hour (including prep)
• 1 cup cooked chicken (shredded)
• 200g 5mm flat rice noodles
• Small broccoli head (chop small florets) & peel & slice stalks into strips
• Thumb sized knob of ginger (peeled & diced into fine slivers)
• 3 large garlic cloves (diced finely)
• 1 tablespoon sesame seeds - for garnish
• 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves
• 3 tablespoons canola oil for wok frying
For the noodle sauce:
• 1 tablespoon gochujang paste (fermented Korean Chilli paste)
• 1 tablespoon soy
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 tablespoon black bean sauce
• 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
• 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
• 1 tablespoon Lucky Taco habanero hot sauce
• Half cup chicken stock - warmed over medium heat in a saucepan
• Half teaspoon ground white pepper
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. Set aside.
• Bring a pot of water to the boil & add noodles. Then turn off heat and leave in hot water for 7 mins.
• Heat canola oil in wok over high heat & add ginger & garlic. Keep stirring so it doesn't burn.
• Add broccoli stalks & florets, getting a small amount of browning on all ingredients in the wok.
• Add warm chicken stock to the wok. Mix well.
• Add chicken & noodle sauce to the wok & mix all ingredients together.
• When the noodles are done - drain and add to the wok. Turn off heat.
• Serve up between 2 bowls.
• Sprinkle the sesame seeds & fresh coriander on top.
• Mmmm. Mmmm. Mmmm. Pretty sure that's what you'll be saying anyway...😂