Cooking Time: 25 mins
• Half a pineapple (skin sliced off - and sliced into 1cm thick hexagonal rounds)
• Half a red onion (thinly sliced)
• Half a papaya (seeds & skin removed & cut into approx 1cm cubes)
• 2 ears of corn (husks removed)
• 2 radishes (halved, then quartered and cut into thin quarter moons)
• Generous handful coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
• 1 chilli - we use habanero (finely diced). Alternatively, you could just add some Lucky Taco hot sauce for heat.
• Half teaspoon ground cumin
• Half teaspoon flaky sea salt
• Half teaspoon cracked black pepper
• Juice of 4 fresh limes
• Turn on the grill (or you could do this on the barbie).
• Grill or BBQ the pineapple - turn once started to go golden. Don’t blacken them - otherwise they will taste bitter. Once done. Set aside to cool .
• Repeat the process with the corn. Rotating when necessary. You want the kernels to just start turning a light golden brown in places.
• Set the corn aside to cool.
• Add the red onion, papaya, radish, coriander, chilli, cumin, salt, pepper & lime juice into a big mixing bowl.
• Slice the pineapple. You don’t want the very centre (the core). It’s tough and chewy. Does not eat well. So slice the nice juicy flesh around the edges and discard the centre core.
• Add the diced pineapple to the rest of the ingredients.
• Using a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels off the ear. Add the corn to the rest of ingredients & mix well. You want all the flavours and textures to have a mingle party.
• TASTE TASTE TASTE! It should taste firkin’ amazing. But adjust the seasoning / heat levels to suit your tastebuds.