Cooking Time: 20 to 30 minutes
• Half a wheel of Castello Blue Cheese (or similar)
• Desired amount of pasta for 2 people (see our Fresh Egg Spinach Pasta Recipe - or follow the instructions on store-bought). Both will be yummy!
• Half a head of broccoli
• Handful walnuts
• Zest & juice of 1 lemon
• 1 TSPN Lucky Taco Habanero Hot Sauce
• Handful grated Parmesan
• Small handful of Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
• Salt & Cracked Black Pepper to season & TASTE!
• Bring a saucepan of water to the boil.
• Add 2 TBSNS of table salt to the water.
• Chop the broccoli into florets and add to the salty boiling water. Cook for 3 minutes.
• Pull the broccoli out of the water and set aside.
• Add pasta to the boiling water. If fresh, cook for 2 minutes and then drain. Follow the packet instructions for store bought.
• Meanwhile, toast walnuts in a small pan and set aside.
• Chop the broccoli until it’s a mushy green blob.
• Roughly chop walnuts. Set aside.
• Once you’ve drained the pasta, put it back in the pan and turn the heat down to super-low. Add blue cheese, broccoli, lemon zest and juice, hot sauce and then season well with salt & cracked black pepper.
• Serve up between 2 plates or bowls and sprinkle / grate some fresh parmesan over the top and scatter the toasted walnuts and chopped parsley.