Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Difficulty: EASY AS!
• Pasta for 2 (use store bought & follow on-pack instructions) or see our recipe for home-made spinach pasta.
• 3 large garlic cloves (finely diced)
• 1 onion (finely diced)
• 1 tin anchovies - pour the oil from the tin into your frying pan (drained & finely diced)
• 1 TSPN Lucky Taco Habanero Hot Sauce
• Half a cup white wine
• 14 black olives (pitted & roughly chopped)
• 2 TBSNS capers (drained)
• 1 x can crushed tomatoes
• 2 TBSPNS Heinz Tomato Ketchup
• 1 TSPN red wine vinegar
• Generous grind of black pepper
• Few good handfuls Italian flat leaf parsley
• Grated Parmesan or Romano (on-top once served up)
• Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
• Pour the oil from the anchovy tin into the frying pan. (Waste not want not!).
• Fry onions, garlic & anchovies until the anchovy has dissolved and the onions go transparent. DO NOT BROWN! This will make it taste bitter. So keep your eyes on the prize.
• Add the white wine. It should sizzle. This is good. Cook off the alcohol leaving a good depth of flavour.
• Then add hot sauce, olives, capers, tomato, tomato sauce, red wine vinegar, cracked black pepper & roughly chopped parsley (reserve a small amount of parsley for garnish).
• Bring sauce to a bubble and then reduce heat to a simmer.
• Cook for about 10 minutes.
• Taste and adjust seasoning / heat level according to taste.
• Divide the pasta between 2 plates and spoon sauce over the top.
• Finish with some grated Parmesan or Romano cheese & some chopped parsley.
• We LOVE this dish. It’s PACKED with flavour - and you’ve nearly ALWAYS got the ingredients in your pantry. We serve it with leafy greens & garlic bread.
• Enjoy amigos!