Cooking Time: 15 mins
• 200g 5mm rice noodles
• 350g diced chicken thighs
• 1 carrot (finely sliced)
• 1 red capsicum (thinly sliced)
• Half white onion (finely sliced)
• 4 cloves garlic (finely diced or crushed)
• 100g green beans (cut into thirds)
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• Handful coriander leaves
• Half cup chicken stock
• Quarter cup rice wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
• 2 tablespoons Lucky Taco Habanero hot sauce (or similar)
• 1 tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cracked sea salt
• 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
• 2 teaspoons chilli flakes
• Mix chicken stock with all the ingredients listed below in the ‘sauce’ part of ingredients. Set aside.
• Chop all the veges and set aside together in a bowl, ready to add to wok or frying pan.
• Play rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Give them a jiggle every few minutes with a chopstick or fork to loosen & make sure they are completely submerged. Add a pinch of salt and check after 6 minutes. We like them slightly al dente. But anywhere from 6 - 10 mins to cook through. We drain them after 6 mins and set aside.
• Heat wok or frying pan over high heat.
• Add sesame oil and then add chicken. Resist the urge to move it about. Let it sit for 2 mins and go a nice golden brown on one side. Then mix around until mostly cooked through.
• Add veges & mix well for about 2 mins.
• Now add the noodles, followed by the sauce mixture.
• Mix thoroughly until all the noodles are coated.
• Turn off the heat.
• Divide into 2 bowls and scatter coriander on top.
* YUMBO! You’ll wanna ice cold beer to go with!